BOWLING’S HEALTH BENEFITS
• Bowling burns roughly 240 calories per hour of activity.
• It strengthens and tones your arm, shoulder, chest, and leg muscles.
• It improves heart and respiratory fitness.
• It increases endurance while maintaining bone density.
• It speeds up your metabolism.
• An average bowler swings a bowling ball 200 degree back swing, 160 degree down swing
• An average bowler with a 16-pound ball swings 864 pounds in a three-game series (54 shots times 16 pounds per shot). That is well over one-third of a ton.
• An average bowler walks an average of 60 feet per turn, or about6/10 of a mile in a three-game series.
• The social aspect of bowling can help improve your mental outlook.
• Bowling is a lifetime sport. It is one of the few sports that allow you to compete at a high level at an older age.
• Bowling provides an exercise option for those with physical limitations.